Gather the Items You Would Like Digitized
Prepare Your Media
To ensure the best possible service, we kindly ask that you deliver “clean” media to be digitized.
We cannot accept media items with mold, or items damaged by fire, smoke or water.
Video tapes, movie film reels, and audio items do not need special preparation. However, slides, photos, negatives and music/performance CDs do need some preparation.
Please click the plus sign below in each section for preparation instructions.
*Note: If you’re unable to prepare your items as we’ve instructed, your order is very large or unusual, or you have any questions about your order, please Contact Us.
- All slides must be removed from carousels, magazines, slide holders, etc. Any slides in metal mounts must be removed from those metal mounts.
- Do not include slides that have come unglued (i.e. sides are opening up allowing the film to move around).
- Group slides into sets numbering close to, but not to exceed, 50 slides per set.
- Keep the sets separated by putting each set of slides in its own resealable bag (e.g. Ziploc), sealed envelope, or paper bag sealed with tape.
- All photos must be free of any sticky residue and removed from any albums, mounts, frames, etc.
- Group photos into sets of around 30-50 photos per set.
- Keep the sets separated by putting each set of photos in its own resealable bag (e.g. Ziploc), sealed envelope, or paper bag sealed with tape.
- All negatives need to be free of any sticky residue, adhesive strips, staples or other attachments.
- Group negatives into sets of around 25-50 negatives per set.
- Keep the sets separated by putting each set of negatives in its own resealable bag (e.g. Ziploc), sealed envelope, or paper bag sealed with tape.
- The exceptions are APS negative cartridges and Kodak disc negatives. These don’t need to be separated into sets. Each of these items will be considered its own set.
- Do NOT cut negative strips or rolls.
- All audio CDs must be free of any sticky residue and deep scratches, and must removed from any cases, sleeves, organizers, etc.
- Group the audio CDs into sets of around 30-50 CDs per set.
- Keep the sets separated by putting each set of CDs in its own resealable bag (e.g. Ziploc), sealed envelope, or paper bag sealed with tape.
Regarding Ordering of Items
We cannot guarantee your items will be digitized in a specific order. However, you may write numbers on your items to indicate an order you would like them digitized. For the sets mentioned above, write a number on each of the bags/envelopes. Do not write on individual items in these sets. We will do our best to follow the order you have indicated. Since slides, photos, negatives and audio CDs get digitized into files, you can always arrange and order those files on your computer after receiving your completed order back from us.
Bring Us Your Media!
You can bring your items to Current Pixel for our media experts to digitize. Orders typically require a 50% deposit if the estimated price for the job is about $100 or more. We will process payment of the total bill, or the remaining balance if a deposit was paid, when you pick up your order.
Our business address is:
1000 Holcomb Woods Parkway
Roswell, GA 30076
Map of Current Pixel’s New Location: